What are All-on-4 Implants: Process, Cost, Benefits & Recovery
What are All-on-4 Implants?
If you are missing multiple teeth, the all-on-4 is a revolutionary concept that helps reconstruct your mouth to restore full functionality. Therefore if you have lost all your teeth in a jaw, you can consider this revolutionary concept to replace them to restore your smile and aesthetic appearance. This blog explains all four dental implants near you and what you can expect from the procedure.
Why Do You Need All-on-4 Implants?
If you have lost an entire arch of teeth in the upper or lower jaw, replacing them with individual dental implants is challenging because of the invasive procedure and the high costs of single dental implants. Alternatively, if you contemplate on all-on-4 implants, you can replace the missing teeth with merely four dental implants strategically placed in your jaw regardless of whether you are missing teeth because of injuries, periodontal disease, or bone resorption, which results in many consequences like the following:
- Missing teeth can result in poor oral health.
- Your self-esteem and confidence also degrade because you are unable to smile.
- You endure the consequences of tooth loss by becoming a victim of indigestion, requiring help from different medical professionals.
What is the Procedure of Getting All-on-4 Implants?
Here is the step-by-step process to get all-on-four implants:
- When you seek the all-on-4 dental implants, our Houston dentist measures and marks the natural distance between both jaws to preserve the space when concluding the procedure.
- After sedating you, the surgical procedure begins by making an incision on the ridge of the jaw to expose the bone. Next, ridge reduction is performed with the removal of predetermined measurements of bone in the jaw to smooth the remaining jawbone for insertion of dental implants.
- The placement of dental implants starts by marking the insertion point on the jawbone’s surface. Next, the surgeon drills pilot holes at strategic angles for the greatest strength and stability, avoiding contact with other parts of your facial anatomy. After inserting the implants and tightening them for optimal torque requirements, the surgeon replaces gum tissue around the placements and closes the incisions with sutures.
- After insertion of the implants, the abutments will serve as mounting posts for replacement dental prosthesis and are attached to the end of the implant. The contact points where the abutments contact the interim prosthesis are marked and drilled, besides testing, to ensure a secure fit. After preparing the provisional prosthesis, the surgeon will secure it in place using mechanical fasteners.
- The holes in the interim prosthesis are filled, and the bite pattern is checked and verified. It begins the healing process from the surgery.
What is The Cost of Getting All-on-4 Implants?
The cost of getting all on four dental implants near you varies according to your geographical location, the provider’s experience, oral health history, et cetera. While the prices of the implants remain stable, you can expect variances in the costs of the procedure and the type of teeth you decide to have on the dental prosthesis. However, when you receive the all-on-four implant concept to replace a complete arch of teeth in your upper or lower jaw, it restores your smile, mouth functionality, and general health in one treatment instead of enduring alternative options and discomfort to remain with you for life.
What are the Benefits of Getting All-on-4 Implants?
The all-on-4 dental implant therapy is developed to simplify treatment for patients with tooth loss. Getting all-on-4 dental implants has many benefits for your oral and overall health. In addition, they also provide you with the following:
- Better function.
- A natural appearance and feel.
- Preservation of facial and jawbone structure.
- Faster and more affordable than individual dental implants.
- Easy maintenance.
What are the Aftercare/Recovery Tips for All-on-4 Implants?
When you receive all-on-4 dental implants from the Houston provider, they give you after-care instructions that you must follow diligently. As you receive the implants to restore your smile in a day, you must care for the replacement teeth like your natural teeth. You can use the following tips to recover quickly from the surgical process without inviting complications in your mouth.
- You can expect some soreness from the surgical procedure after having dental implants inserted in your jawbone. However, it is not a reason to neglect your dental hygiene. You can clean your natural teeth and dental prosthetics using a soft-bristled toothbrush and apply gentle strokes to ensure food particles and debris do not accumulate around your teeth and the implants.
- Our dentist near Clear Lake, TX provides a prescription for discomfort that you will experience from the surgical process. You must take the medications without skipping doses.
- Smoking and consuming alcohol, besides using over-the-counter mouth brands containing alcohol, are prohibited because they can delay your recovery.
- You must be on a soft diet for approximately ten days before incorporating solid foods into your everyday meals.
- If you care for the all-on-4 implants appropriately, you can expect the replacement teeth to last for life without needing additional replacements.
Looking to Get All-on-4 Dental Implants Near Clear Lake, TX?
If you think replacing your teeth in a jaw is challenging, the all-on-4 dental implant concept will defy your thinking. Please consider meeting American Modern Dental to get all-on-4 implants in Houston, TX for replacing missing teeth with this concept to restore your mouth functionality and smile in a minimally invasive procedure costing fewer dollars than individual implants.